Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice




We found out we will be welcoming a sweet little baby GIRL to our family!! We are so excited for Kimball to be the big brother to a little sister! I am so excited to be the mom of a little girl too! Everything we have is very boy and blue so lots of fun purchases to be made for this little one!

After our first ultra sound I was so sad to walk away and not know what our baby was. But mostly just grateful that she looked so healthy! (such a relief!!) I tried to reschedule another ultrasound as quickly as I could, but they were totally booked till the end of February! That was way too long... so being the stubborn and slightly impatient person that I am, I called the doctors office a few times to check for cancelations. I was excited to find out I could get in the very next day by going to another clinic! I called Phil to see if he could arrange his schedule to come, and due to lots of changes going on at his work he was not going to be able to go for a few days! I knew there was no way I could wait that long.. So without telling Phil I went in on Valentines day and had the ultra-sound. My wonderful mom came along and tended Kimball for me in the waiting room. I spent the rest of the day with her and my sister where they tried everything to get it out of me what it was... but I was a rock!

That night after going to dinner I gave phil his valentines present which was a poem, a box with a DVD of the ultrasound and pictures... as he was opening it I had Kimball walk around the corner carrying a bunch of pink balloons! It was so fun to see his face and his surprise! Needless to say we were all pretty excited about our new little valentine! We feel so so blessed and are all counting down the days to meet this sweet little girl!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Yeah...a little girl how fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a rock... whatever...I knew it was a girl 10 minutes after your ultrasound :) We are so excited it is a girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations future relief society president! (;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nanci, We are thrilled for the arrival of your baby girl !!! Kimball will be such a great big brother! Congrats

    ReplyDelete