Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away. . . . and Kimball Updates of Course!







Man, this rain business is driving me nuts! I need sunshine and warm weather... I am so ready to spend my days out in my yard, taking the little guy on walks, and playing with Kimball at the pool. I went and got Kimball all his swim gear..just so we will be prepared for the very first second of that first summer day! We were having such nice weather a few weeks ago I felt like a momma bear and her cub finally coming out of our den after a long hibernation... We did some great walks, went to the park and just enjoyed being out-side.. now I feel like we got pushed back to the den with all this crazy weather... hopefully we will be back out soon!!!

Well more importantly.. Kimball is doing great! He is growing and is turning into one healthy and strong big boy! (he is wearing all 6 month clothing now.. he just turned 3 months last week)
We thankfully were able to skip any sickness this winter.. Kimball is a champ and has stayed so healthy... I wash his little hands multiple times during the day, have tried my best to keep him away from germs and neurotically take his temp every day.. just in case! I know I am crazy.. but he's my first born, what can I say?!!?

Kimball is becoming more predictable for me all the time.. which is so nice, I am figuring out what all the different cries mean...the hunger cry is always the loudest...the tired cry is more of a whimper and the "I am bored cry" never involves tears and can be remedied almost instantly with a toy, a hug or kiss, a change of scenery or a ceiling fan... the boy is obsessed with ceiling fans. I can lay him on our bed and turn on the fan and he will just stare and giggle watching the fan... its pretty funny.. whatever keeps the little guy entertained!

Kimball DOESN'T LOVE his car seat or anything that he has to be buckled into, wearing hats, tummy time, and kisses from Dad when he has whiskers.

Kimball LOVES his baths, eating, playing with his farm music mobile, sleeping with his momma (his dad thinks he should sleep in the nursery, but mom is not sure she is ready), going outside, looking at pictures, wearing his mittens, morning time, sucking on his finger.. and more recently his thumb, looking at himself in the mirror, smiling, cooing, cuddling, playing on the floor with Dad, all his family and anyone that will smile at him, and of course ceiling fans!

We sure love our Kimball!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy that Kimball is healthy and well. I am glad that his parents are well too! Looks like things are good and that makes me happy to hear that! Enjoy the summer...when it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOO cute Nance! I am so glad you are blogging now. I love all the pics, and Kimball is just a gem :) Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the updates!! Great pictures, how do you like your new camera? It seems to be taking great pics! Kimball is such a cutie, and you're such a cute mom! I'm excited for warm weather too...we need to go on more walks!

    ReplyDelete