Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend in Seattle..what??

We missed our BBQ and first traditional first swim of the season at my parents pool (due to this lovely weather).... but we were able to find other fun things to fill our weekend. A few highlights from the weekend:



Phil and I went to the temple for the first time together since the little guy came. It was so nice to go together.. and a BIG Thank you to Marta for giving up a night to come tend Kimball. It was a good night-



With a few more trips to Home Depot and A LOT of yard work (done mostly by Phil) we were able to get our yard somewhat ready for the summer. My favorite part of it all are the window boxes we got for the windows in front of our house (not Phil's favorite... one of my more difficult tasks for him... we have a good system between the two of us.. I have the vision of what I want... and he does the manual labor)



We had a great Cafe Rio style dinner with some friends...and maybe some future family members...

We attempted to go see the new Pirates movie.. Kimball and I lasted about 10 mins.. then I got too worried because it was so loud.




After the movie was over we went and ate dinner at the Mayan. It was is a pretty cool restaurant, not your finest food, but watching the divers made it worth it!





HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY and Good night!

2 comments:

  1. I would not consider playing with my favorite nephew giving up a night! and Future family members? I'm confused?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great updates! Fun to talk to you today about the weekend. Glad you guys got to go to the temple together...that's the best. Your flower boxes look awesome by the way!

    ReplyDelete