Thursday, July 26, 2012

we LOVE our little Luci!

Luci Jane Case
July 1st - 9:18 pm
7 lbs 3 oz - 20.5 inches


Our sweet little Luci arrived perfectly on July 1st.  We are so thrilled to finally have her here in our home.  I feel like our family is a little more complete with her here!  She has been such a sweet and easy baby.  Everything just has come so naturally for her... eating and sleeping have been so smooth so far... she is such a sweet little thing, I would just sit and cuddle her all day if I could!  We manage to get in some cuddle time, but Kimball usually has other plans for me!

After  walking around dilated to a 5 for a week or so I was so thrilled to finally start my "real" labor.  Phil and I went to the hospital on Sunday because I was starting to have some really close and more intense contractions.  When we got to the hospital they said they wanted to make sure I was really in labor so they had me walk around for 2 and a half hours.  I was so determined that I was not leaving that hospital without holding my baby, so Phil and I walked solid for those 2 and a half hours, we did countless flights of stairs, lunges all the while, getting some pretty weird looks from people.. they all knew what we were up to I am sure!  Finally we went back they decided I could stay.. I was at a 6!  I quickly requested my epidural and we were on our way!  Labor was pretty relaxing once the epidural kicked in.  We just chatted and played games on the i-pad the whole time.  Even in labor I could still beat Phil in Ticket to Ride!  

Once I started feeling uncomfortable they came in and checked me and I was at a 10. So they called my doctor and not too long after that we met our sweet Luci!


























3 comments:

  1. She is adorable! Congratulations Nanci!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not suppose to look THAT good after having a baby!! You look like one of the visitors there to see Luci :) You are amazing! And I love that she is here!! Cute pictures! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! She is adorable and you look BEAUTIFUL! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete